The advanced speaking classes at the Center for New Americans recently took advantage of both this beautiful weather AND the opportunity to see the newest, coolest (and did I mention FREE) sight Sioux Falls has to offer: The Levitt Shell at the Falls!
Teachers Amy and Lindy, along with wonderful volunteer, Teacher Karen, and their students took the short walk across the Big Sioux to see the new band shell and learn more about it.
• All the concerts are FREE!
• We can bring chairs and blankets to sit on during the concerts
• Food trucks will be at the concerts selling the best Sioux Falls has to offer, but we can also bring our own food and drinks from home for a picnic dinner
• The downtown trolley can pick us up along Philips Avenue and drop us off right at the venue
• The LSS school parking lot is a free and easy place for us to park for the concerts
The Center for New Americans staff is always looking for ways to better integrate our students into the community and get them involved in what our city offers, so showing them Levitt at the Falls was pretty cool – a number of students told us, “Teacher, I will bring my family here!”
See you at the Levitt!
By Lindy Obach, Center for New Americans ESL Teacher