It’s the last Friday of 2018! We thought today would be the perfect time to recap this past year share our goals for 2019.
First, a look at who mentored this past year.
- There are 1,144 current volunteers.
- 25% of volunteers are in their 30s.
- 17% of mentors work in the financial industry.
- Sanford employs the most mentors with 52 staff members currently volunteering.
- George McGovern Middle School has the most mentors with 74 (followed closely by Edison with 73).
- Nearly 300 mentors started after being personally asked to volunteer.
Our hope for 2019 is to keep up the momentum that we have gained in the second half of 2018. In the past six months, we have welcomed 190 new mentors compared to 141 in the second half of 2017 — a 34% increase! To help sustain our efforts, we have opportunities in our favorite month of National Mentor Month this January! Here are a few things you can watch for:
- Mentor Try-It Events on January 22 (Sioux Falls Hayward Elementary) and January 25 (Canton Lawrence Elementary).
- Incentives and challenges that will be announced on our Facebook page.
If mentoring is something that has been on your mind, make 2019 the year you start! Apply today!
While it is great to look back and see success, we always have this at the front of our mind: