Everyone knows that Santa has helpers all across our community, but did you know that some of those helpers are actually elves who work for Howalt+McDowell Insurance, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company?
This Christmas elves from Howalt+McDowell joined staff from LSS in helping Santa complete his shopping list for youth and families served through LSS Foster Care Services.
Armed with wish lists from the youth, our happy helpers piled up their sleighs to help fill Jolly Old Saint Nick’s sack to provide presents for 28 youth and their foster care families.
This is the second year that Howalt+McDowell has participated in this holiday giving event with LSS and Christy Westerman described the opportunity as a way to pay it forward.
Howalt-McDowell Insurance, a Marsh & McLennan Agency has a long history of supporting our community in various ways. As a Sales Executive, I am provided the opportunity to sponsor an event of my choice. As Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, I wanted it to be something that would bring joy and happiness to families during the Christmas season. We are very fortunate to work with Lutheran Social Services and understand the important services LSS brings to our community. Therefore, in collaboration with my colleagues, Tracy Dahl-Webb and Jared Ducommun, we were able to sponsor the 2nd year of shopping for children that are currently in foster care under Lutheran Social Services. As you can see by the smile on our faces, I’m not sure who receives more of the joy and happiness, the givers or the receivers.
Seems as though the elves had as much fun shopping for the presents as the youth will have opening and playing with them!
We cannot thank those at Howalt+McDowell enough for their continued support and commitment to the LSS mission of Strengthening Individuals, Families and Communities for their continued support of LSS Foster Care Services.
You can join Howalt+McDowell by bringing the spirit of holidays to youth in need. Youth in our residential centers throughout the state have also written wish lists to the North Pole (lists are detailed below).
You help expedite the Santa delivery service by purchasing one of those items today and dropping them by one of our LSS locations or by making a donation to LSS Residential Services here.
LSS Residential Services Holiday Wish List
– Wii games and controllers
– Volleyballs, Nerf balls, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls
– Card games/decks of cards
– Board Games and puzzles
– T-shirts and sweatshirts
– Gift cards for movie tickets, pizza, Juice Stop
– Books: ages 10 to 18
– Arts & crafts supplies, magazines for projects
– Duffel bags
– Personal hygiene products: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, tampons, razors, shave gel, toothbrushes (new and in package), toothpaste, nail clippers, shower gel, toilet paper
– Bean bag toss
– Toys – (My Little Pony, Barbies, Stuffed Animals)
– Good lumber for kids projects: building birdhouses, doghouses, and more
– Fishing poles & equipment
– Cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, paper towels
– Extra long twin sheet sets, extra long mattress pads, new pillows, blankets/quilts
– Bath towels
Post by Jamie Lennon