I know our programs throughout Lutheran Social Services are extremely thankful for you, our donors. Without you, we cannot provide services for our clients. Our programs wouldn’t survive in meeting the needs of our clients if it wasn’t for monetary donations, in-kind donations such as clothing and art supplies for the youth, and the time that our wonderful volunteers give to our programs throughout the state of South Dakota.
To operate, LSS seeks financial support from a variety of resources such as public fees and grants, United Way funding, individual requests and income from our small foundation. Most clients pay for a portion of the services they receive based on their income.
However, there is still a shortfall in what it costs to provide needed services. That is where LSS relies on partnerships with congregations, corporate sponsorships and individual donations. We are also able to meet the needs of others through our many volunteers. Volunteers make a difference in the lives of individuals served by LSS.
LSS could not provide the ministry we do without the time and talents of so many. From office volunteers stuffing envelopes, to mentors in the schools being positive role models—every minute and every ounce of support given is a gift.
Because of you, our donors, we were able to touch the lives of thousands each year. With your continued help, LSS is better able to respond to the changing needs in our communities and to care for those who need us the most.
- Because of you, New Beginnings Center, a group care facility for youth who have emotional, behavioral and educational challenges, received 96 blankets that will be given to each youth walking through our doors.
- Because of you, New Beginnings Center received 26 meals for the youth and staff.
- Because of you, New Beginnings Center received 25 games and recreational activities for the youth to play.
- Because of you, New Beginnings Center received toiletry products for the youth.
- Because of you, the students have school supplies and new backpacks.
- Because of you, LSS Counseling Services in Aberdeen is able to provide more affordable services to veterans.
- Because of you, we have a scholarship for a family in the Watertown area to adopt a child.
- Because of you, we are able to provide Counseling Services to those who cannot afford it themselves.
- Because of you, through our Aberdeen Pheasant Hunt, the fund dollars have assisted multiple children and their parents in receiving services for abuse.
- Because of you, we get to do what we love every day: help others.
So, this holiday season we are thankful for you, our donors!
To learn more about how you can help the mission of LSS, contact LSS Development & Foundation at 1-800-568-2401, ext. 7502 or 605-444-7502. In Northeastern South Dakota, call our Regional Director in Aberdeen, Liesl Hovel at 605-262-5301. In Western South Dakota, call our Regional Director in Rapid City, Jessica Lillebo at 605-791-6769.
Liesl Hovel, Northeast Regional Director
LSS Development & Foundation