Your plans for today may have changed due to winter weather. If you or your kids are starting to feel cooped up, try some of the following activities. In addition to our list below, check out our post on Family Fitness When It is Freezing.
- READ!!! http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/notalists/ncb
- Freeze bubbles! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddST_7n9peg&noredirect=1
- Ice balloons with color http://queenvanna.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/ice-ballons/
- Play your own Minute to Win It games. http://www.nbc.com/minute-to-win-it/how-to/
- Get messy with some homemade goo: http://littleshop.physics.colostate.edu/Try%20At%20Home/goorecipeone.htm or gack: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/glue-borax-gak
- Use all of those empty boxes and wrapping paper rolls to make your own creation. Cardboard + Duct Tape + Imagination= Fun!
- We also have a post with fun games. https://lsssdblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/indoor-fun-for-winter
Fun with cardboard and duct tape encourages imagination. A seven year old created this “kitty castle” with boxes left over from Christmas packages.
To prevent boredom after school and in the summer please check out our programs for school age students. http://www.lsssd.org/children_services/childcare_and_education/ We can’t wait…
View original post 14 more words