Today marks the first day of Random Acts of Kindness week 2014. We are all invited to participated by taking a moment or two out of our days to make someone smile. The fantastic thing about this celebration is that children have a natural love for making other people smile so they will enjoy the week! Over a meal sometime this week talk with your child about what they might want to do for someone else. Read on for a few ideas to get you and your child started on brainstorming.
- Do a chore for a family member. Make a bed, pick up toys, load the dishwasher, feed the pet, do anything that someone else usually does and do it without being asked.
- Make a gift for someone. Bake something yummy, paint a picture, write a story, build a Lego creation and tell someone how they inspired your project.
- Help a stranger by opening a door, picking up trash, letting them go before you in a line, etc.
- Tell someone you care. This can mean calling a friend, visiting an elderly grandparent or just hugging a sibling.
- Give something to someone in need. Donate clothes that no longer fit, toys that are no longer favorites or canned goods.
- There are thousands of possibilities. Visit http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-ideas if you need more inspiration.
Have fun being kind! Post what you come up with on our blog comments section or Facebook page. We can’t wait to hear what you come up with!
Director of Childcare and Education