Your plans for today may have changed due to winter weather. If you or your kids are starting to feel cooped up, try some of the following activities. In addition to our list below, check out our post on Family Fitness When It is Freezing.
- READ!!! http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/notalists/ncb
- Freeze bubbles! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddST_7n9peg&noredirect=1
- Ice balloons with color http://queenvanna.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/ice-ballons/
- Play your own Minute to Win It games. http://www.nbc.com/minute-to-win-it/how-to/
- Get messy with some homemade goo: http://littleshop.physics.colostate.edu/Try%20At%20Home/goorecipeone.htm or gack: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/glue-borax-gak
- Use all of those empty boxes and wrapping paper rolls to make your own creation. Cardboard + Duct Tape + Imagination= Fun!
- We also have a post with fun games. https://lsssdblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/indoor-fun-for-winter
To prevent boredom after school and in the summer please check out our programs for school age students. http://www.lsssd.org/children_services/childcare_and_education/ We can’t wait to hear from you!
-Heather DeWit, Director of Childcare and Education Services for LSS