The children attending our summer school age Christmas break camp are having a great time doing a variety of activities! However, during the time that kids are home with family and friends, you might be experiencing a little bit of cabin fever! If you are looking for something fun to do with kids, try some of the following activities.
- READ!!! http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/notalists/ncb
- Freeze bubbles! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddST_7n9peg&noredirect=1
- Ice balloons with color http://queenvanna.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/ice-ballons/
- Play your own Minute to Win It games. http://www.nbc.com/minute-to-win-it/how-to/
- Get messy with some homemade goo: http://littleshop.physics.colostate.edu/Try%20At%20Home/goorecipeone.htm or gack: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/glue-borax-gak
- Use all of those empty boxes and wrapping paper rolls to make your own creation. Cardboard + Duct Tape + Imagination= Fun!
To prevent boredom after school and in the summer please check out our programs for school age students. http://www.lsssd.org/children_services/childcare_and_education/ We can’t wait to hear from you!
-Heather DeWit, Director of Childcare and Education Services for LSS